$50 – Application Fee (non-refundable)
$87 – Annual Dues (non-refundable)
$460 – Certification Program
Total – $597
(Dues and fees subject to change without notice.)
This program does not teach you a physical skill. It teaches you how to teach others a physical skill.
The program builds upon the tennis knowledge you already have by giving you a pattern to follow for teaching in a systematic, professional manner.
No, you DO NOT need a computer. The program is available online AND you will receive traditional books for study. You can do the entire program online with a computer, books only, or a combination of both. It’s your choice.
There are 20 lessons in the program.
At the end of each lesson is a test that you take then send to us for grading. We will grade the tests and return them with helpful feedback.
For some lessons you will do practice-teaching exercises at your local court or other suitable location with your own student (you can use the same student for the entire program).
In this way you put to practical use the knowledge you have gained from your studies.
Your performance on the test at the end of each lesson is the primary factor considered when judging your readiness to be certified.
With home study you complete all requirements for certification in your home and on your local court . Thus, costly travel to a testing site is completely eliminated.
Once you are certified, though, we reserve the right to check on your teaching in person. This is at no expense to you.
Your course instructor will work closely with you to ensure you are progressing satisfactorily and passing all the tests.
If you have a question about your studies, you can submit it to your instructor using the specially prepared Request Form or by e-mail following the same format.
You can get help for other routine matters (e.g. you need additional reply envelopes, you wish to submit your change of address, etc.) by calling our toll-free membership services number during regular office hours.
To earn your certification you must achieve a score of 70% or above for each test.
All tests are open book. If you fail a test you will be given the opportunity to submit a make-up test consisting of those questions missed.
If your performance on the make-up test brings the total percentage of right answers above the passing mark, we will record a grade of 70, and you continue the course.
The program is self-paced. Most instructors earn certification within two or three months.
Some have completed the course in one month. You can take up to two years, but it shouldn’t take that long.
Yes. Employers and students recognize your National Tennis Academy® credential because it is through an accredited program. Also, National Tennis Academy® is a United States Tennis Association Member in Good Standing.
Yes. Many of our members are working at tennis clubs, country clubs, resorts, and other facilities. Certification shows prospective employers that you are serious about tennis and that you want to be the best at what you do.
Yes. Although we cannot guarantee you a job, we will assist you in finding one.
- Leather look gold imprinted binders
- Tennis instruction course–20 lessons
- Supplementary Instructor Guide
- Toll-free membership services number
- Envelopes for submitting lessons by mail
- Toll-free number for submitting lessons by fax
After course completion:
- Teaching certificate on parchment paper with gold seal
- Eligibility to display National Tennis Academy® seal on clothing and business cards
- Promotion of you as a USNTA™ pro at usnta.com and on Google
- Embroidered certification patch
- Access to low-cost liability insurance
- Gold credit card type membership card embossed with your name
- Free collared tennis shirt with embroidered USNTA™ seal
* We welcome participation in the USNTA tennis certification program from persons outside the US with the following stipulations: 1) All learning materials will be provided online through e-books only. 2) Due to worldwide mail service slowdowns and suspensions NO ITEMS WILL BE SHIPPED either upon enrollment or after course completion. 3) After course completion you will receive an image of your teaching certificate by email, which you have permission to reproduce.
What do tennis organizations, magazines, Wimbledon champions, and students say about this instruction program?
Read testimonials and comments from colleagues and members.
Definitely not! With the National Tennis Academy® there are no hidden charges. You are only obligated to pay yearly membership dues, which is a requirement with all certification organizations.